Top 10 Job Interview Questions with Tips on How to Answer
by Joi Hernaez
Every question has its own purpose. The interviewer cannot just ask you about anything and everything. Every question asked is used to differentiate your skills, and personality from other candidates. There is actually no correct answer to any interview questions. It just depends on how you answer them. Companies have their own standing with regards to the answers you have given them. They want to determine if you can offer something to their goals.
1. Can you tell me something about yourself? This is the probably the most terrifying interview questions of all time and the most difficult to answer as well. As an applicant for a certain job, you’d be wondering what the employer wants to know. What’s the point of asking this kind of question? I suggest that you should relax and think of this situation as a great opportunity to impress your employer. Well, the technique here is you should answer them with something that supports your career goals. Avoid telling those things about your name, your birth date, where you live, hobbies and other extra curricular activities. It would be better if you tell them something relevant about your qualifications and employment history.
2. What are your strengths? Be sure that you tackle those points that would help you do the job you’re applying for. Tell something about your technical skills and your qualifications and be sure to support them with specific examples.
3. What are your weaknesses? With regards to your weaknesses, you should answer them with things that you are improving upon and make sure that it is work related. Do not just tell your weak points; you should back up your statement with things that you are doing to improve your weak points.
4. How do you handle stress/pressure? Some companies have a type of interviews where in a group of interviewers ask you a set of questions. Some interviewers purposely stir up emotional responses by asking questions in a challenging manner. Their purpose is to find out how you handle the stress. If you were asked about this question, just relax and keep your self calm because they are already observing you. Just describe how you handle pressure by being honest and direct, but avoid being anxious.
5. What do you know about our company? Before you can answer this question, you must have a research about the company you are applying to. Knowing their mission and vision can help you make the interview more interactive. It would be better if you tell them that you want to know more about the company. This shows that you are interested to the company and you really wanted to be part of the team.
6. Why do you want to work in our company? If you were asked about this question, the first thing that would come into your mind would be “Because you have a job opening”. Well, those are clear answers but it won’t give you additional points on your interview. Those kinds of answers might sound sarcastic and may possibly annoy the interviewer. The point of asking this question is to determine whether you have an idea about where you want to work or you’re just applying to any company that has a job opening. Having a brief research on a company before your interview can help you to stand out as a competent applicant. It would be helpful if you can think of some reasons about what you can contribute to the company.
7. Why do you want to leave your current job? Not all interviewee can deliver a straight forward answer to this question. Of course you have your own reasons why you want to leave your current job. You should be careful in answering this question. By all means you should keep your answers in a positive manner. As much as possible, do not give them a hint on how much you hate your current officemate or your boss. At this point, the interviewer is testing your attitude. The firm wants to hire someone who has the potential to become part of their team and not a negative one who can pull them down.
8. What can you contribute to our company? Tell them your qualities that are related to the position you are applying for. Give them some ways in which you can help the company grow and be productive by sharing your thoughts and ideas. Show them your dedication and your willingness to be a part of the company.
9. Why should the company hire you? Basically, this question is about selling yourself. Just like the first question, telling something about your self. Develop a sales statement and be more detailed as much as you can. Tell them something about what makes you unique and what you can contribute to the company. Think of your qualities you have to offer that match on what the employer is looking for.
10. Where do you see yourself five or ten years from now? In answering this question, you should focus on your career-advancement goals that are related with the job you are applying for.
Interview questions are very tricky and you should be more careful in answering them. Your future career relies on how you deliver your answers. Respond appropriately, just relax and be yourself.
Joi Hernaez may be contacted at http://jobs.ozfreeonline.com email@example.com
Joi Hernaez is a Search Engine Optimization Specialist and an Internet Marketer. Visit http://jobs.ozfreeonline.com for free job search opportunity. http://www.ozfreeonline.com/