The Benefits of Networking
by Duncan Brodie
For those trying to grow a business, networking is one of the most common strategies suggested. There are many articles and training available around how to effectively network, but what are the benefits?
1. You get to practise telling others what you do in a safe environment
2. You build rapport with others
3. You build up contacts within your local business community
4. You develop your listening skills
5. You pick up tips from others
6. You start to think more laterally about how you could expand your business offerings
7. You build up a network of contacts who might be able to open doors for you or that you may be able to open doors for
8. You freely share your ideas
9. You realise that you are not the only one facing challenges and struggles
10. You build your self confidence each time you participate in networking
Networking is just one of a range of options open to you for growing your business. Give it a try. Notice what you like and dislike and discover if it is right for you.
Duncan Brodie is a Leadership development Coach and Management Trainer at Goals and Achievements http://www.goalsandachievements.co.uk He helps accountants and professionals to transition successfully to management and leadership roles. He also assists those starting out in business.