In addition to the content I personally create, I also have published content that has been submitted to me directly by authors and other content creators, content I have purchased through membership with well-known providers, content I have purchased or otherwise obtained from public domain sources and media content I have purchased from major commercial providers. I have accepted or purchased the content in good faith that it is licensed to me to use. However, just in case those organizations or individuals that provided me with content were mistaken in their provenance of that content, I also comply with the Digital Millenum Copyright Act and offer a takedown procedure.
Superperformance.com DMCA Notice & Takedown Procedure
Superperformance.com abides by the federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by responding to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the DMCA and other applicable laws. As part of our response, we may remove or disable access to material that is claimed to be infringing, in which case we will make a good-faith attempt to contact the person who submitted the affected material so that they may make a counter notification, also in accordance with the DMCA.
Superperformance.com does not control content hosted on third party websites, and cannot remove content from sites it does not own or control. If you are the copyright owner of content hosted on a third party site, and you have not authorized the use of your content, please contact the administrator of that website directly to have the content removed.
Before serving either a Notice of Infringing Material or Counter-Notification, you may wish to contact a lawyer to better understand your rights and obligations under the DMCA and other applicable laws. The following notice requirements are intended to comply with Superperformance.com's rights and obligations under the DMCA and, in particular, section 512(c), and do not constitute legal advice.
Notice of Infringing Material
To file a notice of infringing material on Superperformance.com, please provide a notification containing the following details:
1. Reasonably sufficient details to enable us to identify the work claimed to be infringed or, if multiple works are claimed to be infringed, a representative list of such works (for example: title, author, any registration or tracking number, URL);
2. Reasonably sufficient detail to enable us to identify and locate the material that is claimed to be infringing (for example a link to the page that contains the material);
3. Your contact information so that we can contact you (for example, your address, telephone number, email address);
4. A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material identified in (2) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
5. A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is alleged to be infringed.
6. Your physical or electronic signature.
Then send this notice to:
DMCA Agent: C.S. Clarke
9811 W. Charleston Blvd., Ste. 2-193
Las Vegas, NV 89117
Attribution notice: The above notice was adapted from a Creative Commons template found at http://creativecommons.org/dmca.
The license for using the Creative Commons template can be found at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/.