"Get Juiced" for Work - Ten Simple Tips to Energize for Your Work Day
by Elizabeth Lengyel
Do you hit the snooze button every morning and drag yourself to work? Have you wondered if you need a new job to energize your life? The answer may be simple: Give yourself a lift in the morning to feel great about yourself - and your job!
Here are a few ways to get juiced in the mornings before you head for work. Try at least three of these tips - you'll move from sluggish to sizzling!
1. Eat a nourishing breakfast before you go to work - Breakfast will increase your energy and productivity. Be sure to stop for a lunch break as well. Researchers agree that performance decreases when people haven't given themselves enough nourishment.
2. Listen to music that makes your feet tap - Music is a powerful energy source. The next time you feel tired, turn up the volume and see what happens to your frame of mind.
3. Take a walk in the morning to get a bounce in your step - Fresh air and a moderate pace can clear your mind. Plus, the endorphins will give you a natural lift, which can help you cut back on caffeine.
4. Get some sleep! - An alarming number of people are sleep deprived, which invites accidents, illness, and negative interactions with family, friends, and colleagues. Your body and mind need to refuel with a full night's rest. Naps are good, but they aren't enough.
5. Take time to fully stretch in bed in the morning - Stretching burns calories, helps to relax your mind, and helps your body get ready for the day.
6. Before getting out of bed, think of three things that will define how you will "be" for the day - For example, "Today I will be open, joyful, and productive." Other great goals are: "energized, connected, and smart" or "playful, easy going, and inspired." Whatever you choose, make a conscious effort to integrate your three goals into your entire day including your conversations, emails you write, phone calls you make, the work you do, and even unexpected events.
7. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people - Positive people will make you smile and leave you feeling good. Those who drain us, drain our energy and spirit.
8. Schedule one special thing for yourself every day - It can be as simple as reading a chapter of your book, watching a movie, or taking a walk. Or it can be as elaborate as going to a spa or enjoying an amazing dinner. Plan something different every day but make it something that matters to you.
9. Exercise at least 30 minutes each day - Exercise gets the blood flowing through your veins and reminds you to make healthy choices for the remainder of the day.
10. Read an inspirational quote every day or make up your own! - Write down your quote and keep it in your pocket. Look at it whenever you find yourself dragging during the day.
If you have a favorite tip to get juiced in the morning, I'd love to hear from you. Just visit my website at http://peoplecoach.com and use the form on the Contact page to send your tip. Here's to being juiced and energized every day!
Visit http://PeopleCoach.com to receive Career Boost, a free 7-part audio program, and to hear her invigorating weekly radio show: Career Juice! Refresh & Revitalize Your Work.
© Copyright - Elizabeth M. Lengyel, PeopleCoach, Inc. All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
Elizabeth M. Lengyel, President of PeopleCoach, Inc., delivers career breakthroughs. A trusted career coach, Elizabeth is passionate about helping ambitious professionals get juiced about their careers. The result? The right job in the career you love.
Elizabeth Lengyel may be contacted at http://www.peoplecoach.com or Elizabeth@PeopleCoach.com