Time for a serious update on articles published on the static part of the site:
(In reverse order by date of publication):
1. “The Motivational Manager’s Toolbox — Motivational Listening.” This is a first article in my new series for managers and small business owners who have employees. It’s called the Motivational Manager’s Toolbox. I describe what Carl Rogers and others call “active listening” as “motivational listening.” I think that many folks don’t understand the value and power of active listening in management until they get the idea that using it is one of the most motivational practices in the manager’s toolbox.
2. “Creating Products — Make iOS and Android Apps With Drag-and-Drops Ease.” How many people want to create apps for iPhone, iPad and Android phones/tablets? Without having to program? Without having to hire a programmer? Perhaps you’d like to make some iOS or web games? Here are two free products that will help you do that with a visual interface and a lot of drag-and-drop components. There’s still plenty of learning you’ll have to do. But there are a lot of free tutorials.
3. “First You Have To Feel Good — A Key To Performance Motivation.” Too many people think that motivation is about the reward you’ll get after you do what they want you to do. And it’s true that reward is part of motivation. But there’s a lot more. Motivation is about feeling. You have to feel up to getting started and you have to feel good enough to get through to the end of the task. Sure, you know that you have to feel physically well enough. But you also have to feel good enough emotionally.
4. “Productivity Top 10 Websites.” Like the title says, my 10 favorite websites/blogs related to productivity and performance.
5. “Create Better Content — Keep It Short.” Here’s a principle I flagrantly violate almost every day. Make your content easy and quick to scan. Don’t do as I do and write 700-1000 word articles. I know better. I just can’t seem to stop.
O.K., I’ll stop now before this post gets too long.